Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Aliens in Our Country

            Kelly and I were eating dinner at the kitchen table when my brother in-law’s girlfriend Betty, who was sitting at the computer deck reading an article about the racial profiling regulation in Arizona, exclaimed that it was unconstitutional for a police officer to deport an illegal alien that he had just pulled over. I looked up from my food and noticed how upset she was about this. Kelly told her that it was not unconstitutional for this to happen, and that the person was in our country illegally so he didn’t have any constitutional rights, just human rights. The conversation got a little heated before I took Kelly’s side and Betty just let it drop even though we didn’t convince her of anything.
            Betty claimed that illegal aliens had as much right to live in this country as we do. I think that logic is absurd. According to that logic my neighbor has as much right to cut a hole in my chain link fence and take a dip in my swimming pool, just because he is my neighbor. I don’t see this happening for a couple reasons: one he is nearly seventy-five years old and two it is against the law. If he wants to swim in my pool all he needs to do is ask and set up a time with me, because those are the proper steps. Like him if a Mexican wants to work in the U.S. he needs to go through the proper steps. It is as simple as that.
            I realize there are a lot of unfortunate people in other countries that find ways into the U.S. looking for a quality life. There are also many criminal types doing the same thing. They come over here to sell their drugs and steal from us. Those are just the more mild crimes that are committed the criminal element illegal aliens. If they are arrested speeding or just pulled over to be checked and they are found to be illegal they have already broken the law, and if one law doesn’t matter to them neither will another.
            Building bigger walls and patrolling our borders with hundreds more INS agents isn’t going to stop the problem unless drastic actions are taken. Since I don’t want to live in east Berlin were they would shoot someone jumping the wall. I suggest that the government pass some laws that hit companies were it hurts most (in their wallet). How does two thousand dollars a pop for each illegal working at their business and two thousand dollars a day for each day the alien worked their prior to getting caught. I know this seems extreme but it beats shooting someone and building the great wall of Texas. If the companies are two afraid to hire them then they might go home when the jobs run out for them. Well this is just my idea I could be wrong.

1 comment:

  1. I agreee with you! It's not that we don't want you here it's that you need to go about it the right way. We have to get a passport to go into other countries and obey their laws why we are there and I think other people from other countries need to respect us and do what they need to do to come to our country! Also, I love your idea on how to keep them out because that would help keep them out and help our nations debt! Nice thoughts!

    ReplyDelete