A question that has been tossed around my home, ever since Kelly and I began to diet and exercise, was what would be better, a membership at the local gym or buying the P90X workout system. Well, I’ve seen the infomercials on the P90X and I’ve also seen pictures on the local radio stations’ website of the results of using that system (very impressive). The question is which is right for me. Both require self motivation. If I’m not motivated I won’t get up and go to the gym or play the DVD everyday that you’re supposed to. The two major differences are that the P90X claims to have major results in 90 days and I just need to work out one hour a day in the privacy of my own home, and the gym allows me to interact with other people and they also have a daycare so that my children won’t be underfoot while I’m trying to work out.
The P90X costs around one hundred and twenty dollars but a family memberships at the YMCA will cost more that. There are a lot of people who just don’t want to be seen struggling in front of a bunch of strangers when they first start working out. Instead of using the P90X whenever I have the time, day or night; I would have to schedule all of my workouts during YMCA’s operating hours. Sometimes this could be a real issue.
The YMCA offers several classes such as yoga, zumba, pilates, cardio kickboxing, and abs, butt, and gut. They also have daycare for our younger kids so that Kelly and I will be able to get away from being mommy and daddy for a little bit, while working our cardio and exercising our muscles. They also have several different cardio machines such as tread mills, stationary bikes, elliptical machines, and more. They also have an Olympic size pool (for doing laps), a heated physical therapy pool (loosen up your sore muscles), and a sauna.
The YMCA also offers a lot of things for my kids such as basketball, indoor soccer, racket ball, and they also have a game room for my two oldest girls to hang out while we are in the fitness room. We love to use the pool in the summer and since it is in doors, we don’t have to worry about what the weather is doing. I realize that the P90X system is probably a great choice for many people, but the local YMCA just offers me more for my entire family. I will still be able to get the same results either way, but it may take a little longer by going to the gym. Even though the gym hours are a bit of a hassle I like seeing the same people every day and I also enjoy working out along with the class. It helps to motivate me to do the exercises correctly and to keep up with the instructor.
No comments:
Post a Comment