Cat Person or Dog Person and Why?
Some of us are dog lovers others of us love the felines more. A few people would consider themselves lovers of both cats and dogs. I would consider someone who has both cats and dogs a dog person unless the dogs they have are strictly outside animals and only the cats are indoors. Let’s just say that I am a dog person, someone who loves dogs more than cats. Why do I love dogs more than cats? How do dog people differ from cat people? What does that say about me as a person? I intend to answer these entire questions to the best of my ability. Here we go.
I love dogs more that cats because when I want to play with my pet I want to do it when I’m ready not to wait for the cat to decide when it is play time. I run my house. I am the alpha, regardless of what my wife says. If the dog owner clearly maintains dominance, the dog will happily find its place in the pack. Dogs want to please their owners, and if the owner comes across as needing to be led the dog will take position as alpha regardless of the size of the animal. If a dog gets plenty of exercise and is made to understand what is expected of it as a pack member such as: going outside to potty, staying off the furniture, and not to beg for food, it will do so for the most part (slip ups can happen). My cats on the other think they are kings of the castle and I am their lucky servant.
Cat people differ in character from dog people just as cats differ from dogs. Ask anyone “Are you a dog person or a cat person?” and they will answer without hesitation. People know this about themselves as sure as they know their own name. There are clear differences between cat people and dog people. According to a study called the Gosling-Potter Internet Personality Project, which question 4500 people, “Dog people tend to more social and outgoing and cat people tend to be more neurotic and creative and thoughtful.” A study done by Stanley Cornen Ph.D. found that cat owners are one third more likely to live alone and in an apartment and dog owners are more likely to married living in house with children.
I am a dog person. What does that say about me? Well let us see if I fit the mold. I have four dogs and two cats. I am very social and enjoy spending time with groups of people. I also like to work in a group effort at work. The fact that I am living in a house with my wife and children also places me in the dog person category. There are those people who feel that they are both cat and dog people since they own both animals. I feel strongly though, that even if you own both you lean one way or the other.
No comments:
Post a Comment