Taking Kelly Out for Valentines
I planned on celebrating Valentines on Saturday the 12th since it was my only day off that week. Earlier that week, I ordered her something sheer and sexy to wear, and I hoped it would be delivered by Saturday. Kelly had to run some errands that morning. While she was away, I ran to Wal-Mart and bought her a dozen yellow roses (her favorite), a box of chocolates, and a card. I made our bed (that alone suprised her) and placed the cards, flowers, and chocolates on her pillow. I also picked up lunch so that I would have an excuse for going to Wal-Mart and so that everyone would be fed giving her time to shower and get ready for the evening.
As I fed the kids she found her gifts. She was so happy. I told her that we were going to Joplin for the evening, and for her to decide what she wanted to do. While I showered she thought about it. Kelly decided she wanted to have the tattoo on her back redone and her nose pierced. While I dressed and groomed myself, she asked me if it would be ok to have those things done. She was very excited, when I agreed that she had waited long enough, since she had wanted to do both for a few years. We made plans for her brother and his girlfriend to watch the kids for half the day and all of the evening. They graciously agreed.
Before we left Carthage she called a tattoo shop and they said to come on in that they had an opening, well, when we got there they were booked up for a week. I don’t know what that guy was thinking. When I heard him say that, I was sad for her because she was so looking forward to this. We drove down Main Street and stopped at all of the tattoo shops until we found one that could fit us in within the hour. It was going to cost a bit more but the place looked nicer and they were more friendly but most importantly, they could get us in.
They retooled the color portion of her butterfly and decided she would come back for the black outlines and some additional ink in a week or two. I also decided I would get a special piercing when we came back. I think that the tattoo artist did a great job on my wife’s back and the tiny blue stud in her nose is sexy. We went to Turtle Heads for dinner and drinks after. Saturday nights they have all you can eat crab legs and a live band. Even though I had to wait for almost an hour for my first basket of legs they were well worth it. We also played darts while we were there like usual. We played about five games of cricket before coming home.
Before leaving the house for our adventure that afternoon, Kelly checked the mail and her lacey gown had arrived. Needless to say I had a wonderful Valentines’ weekend. It is difficult raising four children, which makes moments of romance with your spouse a true treasure. I would not be surprised if the smile Kelly put on my face that weekend is still there by next Valentine’s day. I just hope she had as great a time as I did.
Before, During, and After pics




No comments:
Post a Comment